View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 08:20 PM
JanTx

tuscon quilter - that's the deal here, but it's my husband who retired early. The cut in his pay was our extra - for my fabric and his model trains. Now, somehow he continues to buy train things, but that forces the reduction in my fabric buying even more. Sigh. But it forces me to be resourceful. If I think of it like a game it helps. I give away a lot of quilts - made 7 in the last month - but now all from my stash. Now I did have to get a bit of black for sashing, but am allowing that. All that crazy buying in the past is getting me through this time now. Good luck.

Stay out of fabric stores is a given, but I live in a small town and work two jobs. The only store in town closes while I am at work, but ... the internet sites don't! So far - at least 3 whole weeks! - I've managed to stay away.

A friend and I do shop-hops together. There's one at the end of the month that we have never missed - it involves leaving work on a Friday afternoon and driving about 3 hours ($$), staying in a motel ($$$) and shopping in 6 shops as we drive back the next day. ($$$$$). We simply will not be doing that this year. And ... the world will continue to turn, the sun will still come up in the morning, I will still have fabric to play with. All good.