View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 10:25 PM
auntpiggylpn

Originally Posted by Prism99 View Post
Reorganizing my stash has helped me quit buying more fabric.
This is exactly what made me stop buying "just because"! It took me almost a full week, working at it for a minimum of 6 hours a day to get all my fabric organized and my sewing area (which is a 9' X 10' room with a small walk in closet) put together. I purchased 40 sheets of acid free foam core board from the Dollar Tree, cut it into 9 pieces and wrapped the majority of my fabrics that were over 1 yard in length. I used all 360 pieces and still had fabric that I had to ruler fold. Anything less than 1 yard got folded and put into a Sterilite 5 drawer plastic thingy. And I still have fabric in plastic bins. That was in July of 2012. I made up my mind that I had enough and if Iwasn't going to use the fabric after I bought it, then it was a waste of my money. I have managed to make 2 quilts completely out of my stash and have only purchased the needed amount of a fabric if I don't have anything in my stash that will work. I still go to the quilt shows, my favorite LQS, Joann's, Hancock Fabrics, Hobby Lobby, and any quilt shop that I come across in my travels. I still like to window shop and see the new fabrics. The only impulse buy I have had in the past 6 months was a FQ bundle at the APQS quilt show in Grand Rapids and that was only because I was told to buy it! I am still a fabric addict and probably will be forever. I just know that it is a shame to buy beautiful fabrics and have them sit on a shelf or in a plastic tub.