View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 04:51 AM
quilttiger

Default Ever find a mistake in a quilt book?

My guild had asked members to make two scrappy blocks each for a special project. I found this pattern called Prayer Wheel in Strip Easy by Christiane Menuier. I read the directions carefully and verified the two templates for the pattern did not need to be enlarged or reduced...in fact the book says the templates are "full size." I used the copier and made sure there was no distortion. So far so good until I finished the first block...and there was a HUMP in the center!

I took the block apart and drafted my own template for the triangle sections. I added to the sides of the triangles. It worked out great so I did the second block. I tried to find a good e-mail to notify the author or publisher but I would have had to sign up to send an e-mail, and I was not willing to do that. I did write a review of the book on Amazon...looks like I was not the only one who found the mistake.

Have any of you ever found mistakes like that in your quilt books, patterns or magazines? How did you handle them? No doubt there are ladies out there who would like to know.