View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 01:19 PM
ckcowl
Power Poster

there are many good deals- and much better quality fabrics available searching on line simply because you have access to shops all over the country---and prices vary all over the country---watch shipping costs though- a great fabric price can easily become a very expensive purchase if the shop charges large shipping/handling fees. also, watch the specifics of the listings---one time my daughter (thought) she was getting a really terrific deal (5.50 a yard- this was 8 years ago) she ordered about 15 yards of fabric...recieved 7...the shop sold their fabric in 1/2 yard increments- so if you ordered (1) you received 1/2...daughter did not notice-pay attention to that...+ there were shipping fees---we wound up paying almost $200 for that 7 1/2 yards of fabric!
I love to shop at places that give me free shipping (my favorites are fabric.com- free at $35 level & Connecting threads- free @ $50) there are many with either free or very reasonable charges- but you need to ofset the fabric cost and the shipping cost to see if you are getting a deal- 99% of the time it's going to be better quality than joannes or walmart though...so in my book- worth a little more.
fabric.com has great sales-including a $1.95 a yard catagory...and free shipping when you spend just $35 hard to beat them i think