Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Which is Less Expensive for Fabric? >

Which is Less Expensive for Fabric?

Which is Less Expensive for Fabric?

Old 01-15-2013, 02:36 PM

I prefer shopping on line. that way i don't have to wait for HD to take me since i don't see well enough to drive myself . I order from different ones with their sales like fabric .com but mostly I stick with http://www.thousandsofbolts.com I get real good service and the fabric is usually here in 3 days. also I love the fact their system of having color match. where you can pick a color out of the fabric you choose and it will match up the color and you can pick what you want. the fabric i just got yesterday was from andover and the match was perfect. i wish the other sites had that since it is hard foir me to see the true color on the computer. they also have great prices mostly from 4.65 a yard. then on top of that they have sales. a lot better than our hancocks here and much better service, and better choices.also a lot cheaper. i am always disappointed with handcocks so i don't bother anymore.
Old 01-15-2013, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by hobbykat1955 View Post
Joann's if you catch a sale or use coupons...Mail order if free shipping...Try Melindasfabricshop.com...I just discovered her and she has great quality and great prices even on kits.
Just checked out Melinda's Fabric Shop and I was impressed.....she had a lot of fabrics I hadn't seen before! Thanks a lot for the info.
Old 01-19-2013, 09:31 AM

I try to buy at LQS but now that most of its fabric is $12 a yard I think twice. I have been very happy with purchases from fabric.com and Connecting Threads. Also get good buys on ebay. Truth is I buy too much.