View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 05:55 AM
kuseta

Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
You can order and download that book from teh Too Cool website ... or order a hard copy direct from them.

GramaJo ... would love to hear more input re your daughter's experience with the Too Cool technique. From what I have read, I think their method makes the most sense, though I have yet to hear anyone who has done it that way.
I'm her daughter and I found the Too Cool way to be very easy. There's no interfacing of each block, you just sew them together using a ball point needle because of the knit and a walking foot. They didn't stretch near as bad as you would expect.

The hardest part was coming up with a layout that fit everything. I was working at my dining room table with a sheet of graph paper and all these little squares cut to proportion. I'd be close to being done and one of my cats would jump up and knock everything around. This happened twice before I got smart enough to move to my sewing room and shut the door!

I would recommend doing tshirt quilts this way. You can use many more shirts and I think it turns out looking much more interesting.