View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 03:57 PM
jcrow

Location: Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho

Yes, delete all quilting ads before opening them. Unsubscribe to them. I spent a good 2 hours unsubscribing to all the different quilt shops and online stores 2 nights ago. Now I have hardly any email. More manageable. When I get one, I try like heck to just delete it. Sometimes I can, sometimes I can't. Never shop online early in the morning or late at night.

Never ask what fabric line a quilt someone made and is showing us is from. That gets me every time. I have to have that fabric. I quit going to pictures altogether. I have to protect myself. I have enough...more than enough...but when I see something new and exciting there is no stopping me. So I am trying to stay off online stores. I've been going to forums and blogs. And there is a place called 'Storylane' where you can write any story you want. It must be a true life story. I find that so helpful. I think I buy because of things in my past. Kind of like an alcoholic drinks because of pain from his past (ask me how I know), I buy to make me feel good. Now I go in my sewing room and go through my fabric. I enjoy that much more. I find things that I totally forgot about. I end up spending 2 hours digging around in there. I try to stay off online stores altogether. I also like to shop for other things. I am a shopaholic. But I know it. And I'm working on it. I do allow myself some things. I get permission before I buy now. Then I don't get the guilt. I think I have shared more than anyone wants to know. Oh well. Just felt like it. Most people don't read clear to page 3, so probably only one or two people have read this.