Old 01-15-2013, 10:28 PM
kiffie2413

I wish I was better at picking out colors to help you out!! Some of my "quilty" friends used to tell me to stop being so matchy matchy...lol...I like that you are going with a variety of colors...on the brown with the yellow I probably would have put a tan, dark brown or black that would go with the print (I can't tell what colors the "spots" are in the brown).
Most often the way I start a quilt is I usually will pick my "focus fabric" first...like the monkey print (which is darling)...then I would pick my fabrics that I want to make the pinwheels out of based on the colors in it...like different shades of greens, browns, tans, white/off white, black, etc...
Lastly what matters is that YOU like your quilt...and I can say I have made quilts that I loved the colors when I started, and when it was all together I thought "yuk"...I also have made some with colors that I did not think would work so well and ended up loving them all together...LOL
So, I am thinking all of my jabbering probably has not helped you one iota...but it is good to get get ideas and opinions, just remember "variety is the spice of life". .. Let us know what you decide on, and for sure post a pic when you get the quilt all finished!!
Regards,
Kif