Old 01-16-2013, 04:54 PM
kiffie2413

Originally Posted by winterpromise31 View Post
kiffie2413 - I like my quilts to match if at all possible. lol. Usually I love the fabric when I pick it out but then don't like the finished quilt. I'm hoping to change that! Good luck with your fabric selections!

I hadn't thought of just going with greens and yellows and browns. Hmmm... I don't think I have enough of the yellow and brown because I was planning on using more colors and I bought the fabric specifically for this quilt. I do have a small stash of greens, though. Maybe Joann will still carry the others; I bought them over a year ago. Thanks for the suggestions!
I have so much fabric that my lil granddaughter asks to look in my fabric shop when she comes over...lol...If you decide you want to go with different shades of the colors that are in the monkey fabric, I will be happy to send you some fabrics...There is a great lady on here, Applique is her board name, and she sent me some great landscape fabrics when I started working on McKenna Ryan quilts..she would not let me pay her or trade...she said to pay it forward...So, here is my offer to pay it forward to you...You can pm me and let me know if you would like me to send some, what amounts you are needing, and I will try and see if I can find a closer up pic of the monkey fabric to see what shades of greens, browns, tans, etc may work.
Regards,
Kif