View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 06:47 PM
Yosamitesa

Originally Posted by roseirish48 View Post
i think the gods have smiled on me for once--- probbaly not happen again in this lifetime but I'm grateful. After deciding on a pattern I started to make the templates i would need for this quilt only to realize that the pattern given had to have seam allowances added. My fat quarters ( a packet I had received as a gift almost a year ago) would be one piece short of the needed amount A frantic search at Hancock's and JoAnne's for fat quarters to match was not fruitful and i was desperately trying to determine alternative fabrics to use; but then I remembered I had seen a FQ packet at Mill Ends a couple weeks ago with the very fabrics i needed but would it still be there? My son humored my quest for a wild goose chase across town in search of these elusive fq's. The gods that be smiled upon me for a moment---long enough to grab that Fq packet (saleslady said there had only been two of them and I had just snagged the last one). better yet it was on sale for $6.99 --saving me $3.00.
Woo hoo! I can't wait! I have to get 1 more fab, however I started cutting!!! Woo hoo!