View Single Post
Old 10-27-2009, 03:26 PM
butterflywing

when i last called in a complaint, i asked if the joanns were privately owned/operated or franchised or wholly controlled by the company. i was told by the person i spoke to that they were totally controlled by the company. i don't really believe that. i think they're franchised, otherwise there wouldn't be such different rules and operating procedures at each one. the one nearest to me won't give you that last damaged inch unless you pay for it, but the one an hour away will give 50% off the back-of-the-store discount- price if the damage is really bad, like small holes. i bought 3 yards of cute flannel on spec for a discounted price, leaving only 1-1/3 yards. i asked how much they would charge if i took it all. the price dropped dramatically. then when they were measuring, we saw little holes in a cluster near one edge. they dropped the price again. that last 1-1/3 yards ended up costing 77 cents!!!

if the joanns manager near me ever saw that he would drop down dead :shock: ! so i don't believe that the company controls the stores at all. i think they're a franchise and that's why some are good, and some are stinky :evil: and some of them only hire women who don't pee. :mrgreen: