Thread: Blue Verona
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 10:11 AM
feline fanatic
Power Poster

The quilt is beautiful and Lambert is ever so handsome and obviously does take his job very seriously. LOL. Funny how they will go out of their way to make sure a top, WIP etc meets their high expectations.

What is it you really want to emphasize in this quilt? Is it the embroidered flower in the center of the stars? Is it the piecing? Is it the stars or do you just want function and not form? The design is so striking and prominent you can easily do an all over on this beauty and it would work quite well. If this quilt came to me, the first thing that came to my mind was feathers in all the white background areas (except the embroidered flower that would be echo quilted) to make the piecing pop. But it will need more then that so I would echo the sawtooth star in quilting in the center square of your squares on point. I would probably do the outline shape in a double quilted line 1/4" apart or I would do a heavy background fill like pebbling to get the shape to pop out. A double continuous curve in the rectangle unit that is formed from your star blocks and your square in square blocks meeting. Border treatments, in the dark blue I would put squares on point to echo that block. A nice feather in the outer border and maybe just SITD on the white border, leaving it unquilted. Hey you asked!