Thread: Minnesota Skies
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 03:51 AM
odysseyquilter

Originally Posted by sandrab64 View Post
This is a 55" x 72" lap quilt made from the 2011 Minnesota quilt fabrics and has a yummy brown minky on the back. This is the first piece I've taken to a LAQ mainly because I was too nervous about quilting on minky. I am thrilled with how it turned out! I try to do my own quilting but decided I'm going to treat myself once in a while. Quilt pattern is "In Flight" from Country Fabrics and Quilting in Brainerd, MN. I decided to name it Minnesota Skies because of the flying geese and the fact that our family has a cabin by Brainerd, MN, that we love to spend time at. Can't wait for summer to get here!
I Love the quilting pattern at the top of the second photo. Wonder if you could find out the name of the pattern if it is a panto or freehand. Lived in Duluth MN from 1975 to 1977 while my husband was in the Air Force (a lifetime ago) and we both loved it. Have been back once in 2000 with our two kids showing them where our married life began right after we were married. Have the fondest of memories. We did and do live in Stratford, CT.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 08-18-2019 at 03:36 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps