View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 06:44 AM
Geri B

Originally Posted by Spudgm View Post
I have a Nolting FQ and I clean the bobbin case with every bobbin change, I oil the bobbin hook after every two bobbins and I oil it and warm it up each day when I am using it. If I do not use it for awhile I will oil it and warm it up for about 5 minutes each week. This is how the factory, where it was made, told me to take care of it.
I have an APQS and do as above. But every 3/4 yrs, I call make an appointment and take an overnite trip to factory so the techs there can really go over the machine head....I call it a spa day for machine, a fun day for me....quilt shop, antique shop, resale shop......they have done some things I would not know had to be done, like "bushings" one time, heavy grease type stuff put somewhere another time, check timing, etc.,but each trip they do mention how lint free it is, so I know I am doing my job. It is worth it and when "we" come home it is like cutting butter with a warm knife.......but I think these machines are more industrial than the ones made by dm makers and can be cleaned and oiled much easier by us.......JMHO