View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 10:28 PM
zzmom

Originally Posted by nclauri View Post
The weather the last two weekends have been so beautiful and gorgeous I have had a hard time staying inside to quilt. We have been to the beach both weekends. We live less than 9 miles from a public access. Anyway. I picked out my pattern - which I love. I decided to order the kit. I liked the photo with the pattern. I thought the fabric was batiks. I guess my eyesight is off because when my package came in it wasn't batiks. I really didn't care for the fabric at all, but I already bought it so I decided to start the quilt. It took me a while to cut out the pieces - not because it was difficult, but because I cut each piece one at a time. I was afraid I would mess up a cut and not have enough from the kit to fix the error. So this afternoon - after spending several hours outside I finally have all my pieces cut. Below is a sneek peek of my stacks. I have a few blocks completed and I am starting to like it better. I still may have to start a whole new project if it doesn't turn out like what my partner wants. Will have to see. I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend.

Beautiful fabrics!_ It looks like it will be a beautiful quilt when it is finished.