Old 01-20-2013, 11:15 PM
Pollytink

You got a good one for sure! Yep, I'm the one with the Necchi group on Yahoo and I'm a Necchi fanatic! I have a Supernova Ultra I bought new in 1959 and she's still my main machine. Our group is at:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/necchisewingmachineclub/

We have lots of info to help you fix and care for your new baby. If you'd like to, there's a great pdf document on how to completely clean your Supernova. If you do take her to a shop for cleaning, don't let them tell you that's it's just an old machine and you should get a new one! And since new parts aren't available for them, if they tell you it needs a part, come to the group and check it out first, as these machines seldom need new parts. Also, you can find a power cord on ebay for about $15-20, and you might want to get an electronic foot control, altho you can prob use the one you have. In our Links section there are some suppliers we use a lot who can help with the cord etc. too. I know you'll love her when you get her all spiffed up and running! Feel free to pm me if you have more questions! Polly