View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 05:32 AM
ckcowl
Power Poster

if you used the (french braid) patterns you can email Jane Hardy Miller- contact through her website & ask for permission to sell your item- send her a picture of it too. generally the infringment would be if you were selling the pattern- or a copy of the pattern without permission- the finished item is yours to do with as you please- but it never hurts to send a picture to the designer & ask if they mind if you sell it.
I made one quilt a few years ago that the designer would not allow me to offer it for sale publically- or on the internet- i could display it- but not (sell) it. I don't think that is (common practice) though- i've had others who love that i'm selling their quilts---you do need to include the designer information on the label- but it sounds as if you did not use someone's pattern--a (technique) i don't think can be (copyrighted)... but if it does look like one of Jane's copyrighted patterns you should send her a picture & a note about your intention- she will write back & give you more information.