View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 05:54 AM
MaryLane

I am not sure what you mean by "shop lights". To me that means four foot fluorescent and they do not create heat. If they are halogen bulbs they will create a lot of heat. I have those in my sewing room for multiple reasons. One, they DO create heat. Two, they don't flicker like fluorescents and three, they give truer color readings to me.

My room is never too warm (extremely cold natured!) but I am extremely light sensitive. Maybe some of my methods would help you. What I do is turn them off while I am at the machine if it starts to get to warm in there. I prefer to sew with only the light on the machine, though. Also, my ironing board is in another room with poor lighting. I keep a floor lamp that has a reading light on it at my ironing board. I just turn on the reading portion while I iron.

I think there is an OTT lamp that would work for that, too but this was much less expensive and I detest OTT lamps. I can see them flicker and they trigger migraines.

I am sorry your craft room is too warm. Mine is rarely warm enough! Grass is always greener!