Old 10-28-2009, 03:58 PM
diogirl

I am a receptionist at the company I work at. I had no idea that our incoming calls were being recorded by our companies owner and being screened until I went into his office and heard myself on a call being played on a recording... I was shocked!! I had no idea that they were doing that. It made me uncomfortable.. I asked the manager why I was being recorded, and they said it's to see where our leads are coming from so we know if the money we spend on advertising is paying off... Well, I keep track of that! We have spread sheets we've been keeping for years that shows where our leads are coming from. There's no reason to record the conversation... I'm not the only one who answers the phone at work and others have voiced to me how they don't like it too, but i'm the main person who answers the phone and I feel like it's sort of an invasion of my privacy.. especially since they listen to the recording with the door wide open and all the office workers walking around coming and going in the room can hear. I know some places you call have a disclamer that this call may be monitored, but we don't have that on our phone and like I said, until I walked into the room and heard myself on a recording, I had no idea. Is this legal?? The customers have no idea they are being recorded.. I have nothing to hide...I just don't like it! What would you do?? I'm so uncomfortable at work now when the phone rings that i'm afraid whatever I say or how I say it will be wrong and that they take notes on it...... :oops: