View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 06:43 AM
oleganny

For health reasons, it is difficult for me to go shopping & I would love to be able to shop online, but when I see that the cost of online fabric is more than my LQS, I just can't make myself pay it. Fortunatel;y my closest LQS (have been shopping there for close to 40 years) is so client friendly. I can call & ask if they have a certain fabric, tell them wht I want, & if I have a specific project in mind, I can tell them how much of co-ordinating fabrc (lgt/med/dk) I need & they will pick for me - my DD can go in, make the final decision, & pick it up for me. I also like her FQ policy. Her FQ's are cut from end of bolt, clearance, etc, & are always less than the per yd cost of the fabric. She also has a buyer appreciation card so after you purchase so much, you get a little something free or % off next purchase. She must be doing something right to have been in business for so long & the shop is always busy. Until I can match her service & prices online, I will continue to shop there. The next closest shop is about 20 miles away, but they have also been in business forever & are good to deal with & have excellent sales.