Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Fabric fabric fabric

Fabric fabric fabric

Where do buy your fabric from?

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by hisgrace1 View Post
    Where do buy your fabric from?
    When visiting in WA twice a year I get my fabric fix at Fabric Depot in Portland, OR. Love, love, love it!!! Also order on-line from them.

I buy fabric where ever I find it. Lots from Joann's, but also Hancock, Hobby Lobby, LQS, Walmart, etc.
    Not fussy, as long as the price is right and the quality is good.

It would be easier for me to tell you where I don't buy it from. I buy on-line, and LQS. Yep I have even pruchased at Jo'Anns, Hobby Lobby ..the one place I don't is Walmart... mine does not have one thread of fabric.

Just found this shop, great prices, QS quality, great sales, (5.00 yd.) and right now $5.00 shipping on all domestic. Whittles Fabrics. Great Shop!!

Wherever they sell it - except Walmart.

Blog Entries
    I love to support my LQS's! Esp when with quilt buddies on road trips. Fabric Depot is close enough, that I can get there a few times a year.

I do not shop on line, because I am a touchy feel-y person.
    "I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." -Confucius

https://picasaweb.google.com/home

On line almost always, except for the few times I would be near a quilt shop.
    http://www.skillpages.com/DonnaValleyquiltermo
    Sweet Dreams come from under Cozy Quilts made with love.
    Life is short, take time to enjoy it. Play with your kids and g-kids,
    and do what you can for others.

Blog Entries
    i shop at a local chain... Mill End Textiles http://www.millendtextiles.com/
    they have very low starting prices and have fantastic coupons
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak THINK
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Where ever I can find it lqs, joann's, hobby lobby, on line.

I love shopping online at Connecting Threads as I can buy a collection of prints, knowing that they will all match. The fabric is great quality, customer service outstanding and great pricing. If I have to match a shade of fabric, then I head to the stores - starting at WalMart, then JoAnn's, Hobby Lobby last (because they have very little selection). If all else fails, then I have two LQS that I look, but their pricing is normally out of my budget. I will also look for fabrics at garage sales, Good Will stores. My friends all look for fabric at garage sales for me and sometimes I can get a great deal.

Connecting threads, wal mart, hobby lobby. Very seldom do I buy from quilt stores, too high a price there.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Equilter.com, Hancock's, Walmart

There is a store with a nice fabric department within walking distance from me. They have a good selection with great prices. I purchase for the project otherwise it would be too tempting to build a stash.

Hancock's, Walmart, garage - estate sales. Anywhere I can get a good deal!
    Aronel aka Lee

all of the above and don't for get yard/estate sales, picked some there too.

Blog Entries
    depends on what i need- the lqs, fabric.com (mainly backing, basics) bayside quilt company (panals, licensed fabrics)primative gatherings, wool central...
    i shop around for what i need-looking for reasonable levels for free shipping, or good shipping prices, a good selection & good prices- but it just depends on what i need- if i know my lqs has it=i go there- if i know they do not i generally check fabric.com first (free shipping at $35 and i've been shopping with them for 11+ years) if they do not have what i'm looking for i check the fabshophop list of shops & browse/search for what i'm looking for.
    hiding away in my stash where i'm warm, safe and happy

Have you ever tried fabric depot online? They have really good buys out there, shipping is reasonable and they are prompt. I passed Fabric Depot on my way home from work for 13 years..... and stopped way more than I should have :-) But even when I lived there and it was that close I used to do the online orders and then pick them up.... if I knew what I wanted. Every time to go to Portland I make it a point to stop at least once!

I've bought at LQS only if there is a sale, ditto with online sources, sometimes at Joann Fabrics if on sale, and if the quality is good. I have found some really good buys at garage sales and thrift stores. Once at an estate sale. The trick is to read the selvages and look for well known names such as Timeless Treasures, Moda, etc. I avoid the calicos...bought too much of them when I first started quilting and didn't know better, lol.

everywhere online, joanns, walmart, LQS
    Brother XL-3500i, SQ-9050, Dreamweaver XE6200D, Juki MO-2000QVP

I like to feel the fabric when buying for quilts. I have some local favorite shops The Quilt Patch and G Street Fabrics. I do have a store that is a little farther from home but worth the drive. It's called Webfabrics. I do order online from them because I know the quality of their fabrics but I treat myself to a field trip every so often.

Most often online is eQuilter and I have ordered from Fabric Depot and Thousands of Bolts. In person, Country Sewing Center in Elk Grove, Thistle Dew in Fair Oaks, and Quilter's Corner, Sacramento. I'm happy with all of them.

LQS and Fabric.com. Best deals and fabulous customer service. Free shipping on orders over $35.

My favorite places are Joann Fabrics where I can go in person, online I shop at Connecting Threads, Equilter, Handcock of Paducah and Keepsake Quilting. Those are my favorites.
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place. We are nearing closer to the End Times.

Where ever I see fabric I like - LQS, Hobby Lobby, Hancocks, Joanns, yard sales, thrift stores, online. Most of the LQS have closed around here but there is a great store called A & E in Pensacola, FL that is half drug store and half fabric and they have a wonderful selection of sewing and quilting items. When we are traveling, I watch for quilt/fabric shops and they make nice break time stops.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast