View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 05:59 PM
Juztme

Default Not sure what I'm doing!

I found some fabric that I really like, it's called Farmers Market by Brannock and Pate for Moda. I couldn't find a pattern I liked, so I looked in my 501 quilt block book and piced a block pattern, White Hemstitch, and proceeded to put something together. My goal is to make a lap size quilt to hang in the bedroom. My colors are black, gold and olive green, so these colors worked for me.

I have moved things around, cut different fabrics and this is what I've come up with so far. On my computer the gold looks like beige, but is actually gold that matches cherry pattern fabric in the center of the stars. The light colored fabric looks like white, but is actually a dark beige. I haven't ever done anything like this before as I've been quilting only about 8 months and I am still learing about contrast, color, etc. I plan on using the black as the border with either a solid gold or cherry colored framing border.

The first four blocks are the complete. Can I get some input?Is there enought contrast? not enough? need more color?

Thanks, I feel totally lost and don't want to give up!
Attached Thumbnails 20130124_172819.jpg