View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 06:25 AM
krisgray

Default 5 shops in all

Originally Posted by BArnold View Post
Well at the beginning of the week the county where I live had three quilt shops, but now all are closing. I really wish I knew how to go about opening one up. The only "quilt" shops are 40 minutes away from my home, other than JoAnns. I really like to quality of the material carried by the shops. I guess I will just have to stock up before they close for good.
I was stunned to hear about Blessings closing. BBS was closing due to health problems? Not sure why Patches is closing. The Quilted Garden says she is redirecting her focus to her design business. And Fabric Noshiere is up for sale due to family considerations. That's five shops in the metro area, but they're not all economic reasons.

Wondering what the shop hop will be like. I stopped by the new one east of Manchester & Lindbergh yesterday, Janie Lou, cute but small, very nice owners. Carries French General, other Moda including the solids, and some Free Spirit, some laminates, some precuts - not exactly modern, a little more contemporary.