View Single Post
Old 10-29-2009, 08:44 AM
Edie

That was basically how I felt too. We have a veterans hospital not more than three miles from us and I could check with them and I could also donate some to them too - assuming I could get a lot made.

Also, one more thing - when Hurricane Katrina hit you folks, our next door neighbors loaded up their motor home and drove down to Hattiesburg and worked for the animals. Helping the homeless animals and taking care of them. They came home and the next morning, he came over and said "Come see what we brought home". It was a puppy mixed of some sort or another about 2 months old or so - they named him Reckless - and this poor emaciated Walker Coon Hound. She had mange, she had fleas, she had heartworm, she was half starved, she must not have weighed more than 20 lbs. She now is a healthy, not sure on age, 5 year old. Her name is Hattie - named after Hattiesburg. She is a love, she is all cured, she is beautiful and she loves carrots. I love happy stories. Someone has to help the animals too. And he does it better than anyone I have ever met. Edie