View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 09:50 AM
Wonnie

Got it Jane. Was looking for it next Tues but was pleasantly surprised when I found it in the mail today...YEAH! Yours is "lookin' good!" Barbara! Think the addition of the "waves" was a great idea...would never have thought of that and what is more "beachy" than the ocean! Thanks for including the sashing strips...not seen anything like it around here. As far as your request for suggestions for the quilting and backing and binding fabrics.....if it were mine I would probably use a small print on the back maybe the color of sand and applique large, soft pink footprints across it at an angle but then, I like whimsical. As far as quilting goes I'm rather minimalistic. So often it seems like people spend hours and hours piecing intricate blocks and then quilt so heavily they literally lose the design of the quilt. Would probably use a side to side repeat of a beach motif...wave, shell, starfish, etc. I could see a narrow, plain border in maybe pink or the "sunshiny" orange you used with a wider border of some kind of horizontal stripe like in some deck chairs...but that's just me