View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 02:05 PM
Chasing Hawk

Originally Posted by primbears View Post
If we listen to what is being said on this board, and how many times quilters buy using JoAnn coupons...doesn't that tell you one reason why the quilt shops are closing? How many times do I hear, I am going to use my 40% off coupon at Joann's? That is one big reason why the shops are closing. We really don't support them with notions and books like we should. Granted the fabric pricing is out of site, that hurts the shops as well but a big part of closings is due to the cheaper prices at WalMart and JoAnn's. Another example of Big Box stores running Mom and Pop out of the neighborhoods...think about it Ladies.
You can't blame Joann's, Hancock's or even Wal Mart for the beloved LQS closing, that's ludicrous. The ECONOMY is a major factor as to why they close,some shop owners can't pay for the Obama health taxes that came out or are soon to be a reality. The latest tax hikes that went into effect on January 1st hit hard too. A lot of people who's income was slashed or those who have NO job now can't spend as they did a few years ago. If Joanns has a coupon I can use I will use it, if the LQS offered better deals maybe I would shop there on occasion. I go to the one in our small town a few times a year. It is about the only one I have been in where they actually will have a conversation with you. And they seem to do very well.

Last edited by Chasing Hawk; 01-26-2013 at 02:11 PM.