View Single Post
Old 10-29-2009, 10:40 AM
dmackey

Soldiers Angels is a great organization. They take in quilts and blankets along with many other things, http://soldiersangels.com/

Because I am so connected with the AF parents, we always have someone we know deployed and can tell us their needs as well as how to help others. We have had some really fun projects such as helping to decorate a morale tent, getting shoes for kids, school supplies, yarn and knitting stuff.

We are so blessed because our pilots tend to be in a much safer environment than the ground troops, and our pilot's main concern is the ground troops, not each other. Most tell us of things they want to give to those troops, so that is very heartwarming. My son always says he doesn't need anything but mail, but often will tell us what the Chaplain or medics can use to distribute.

I'm glad to hear your husband is doing okay, but I also know back problems can cause lots of other issues. May I suggest a massage therapy that I think is awesome? It is called Cranial Sacral Message therapy and it is very gentle but works great for back issues. It removed a kink I had in my hip and another in my neck after 25 years of suffereing, in one session. It is a great massage for sciatica relief too.

Diane