View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 04:44 AM
JNCT14

Ok so for Pattycakes, coll and others that asked about the pattern - it was from the summer issue of Quilt Trends 2012. The base pattern is called Fountain Pen by Stephanie Brandenburg. I modified it by adding 1.5 inch sashing to all horizontal and vertical rows. Unfinished, its about 65 x 65 but you can add rows to make it larger. Its basically strip piecing - the first strip is Color #1, 4" by WoF. Sew a 1.5" strip of a black or grey to the Color #1 strip. Cut into 10.5" increments (Block A).
The second strip is Color #2, 6.5" by WoF, sew a 1.5" strip (same as the first strip) to it, on the other side of the 1.5" strip, sew Color #3, 3.5" by WoF. Cut the assembled second strip into 6" increments (Block B). Sew Block A to Block B with the 1.5" strip of Block A running vertical to Block B and in the middle (see the picture). Turn the final blocks around to any way thats pleasing. Add sashing between the blocks and between the rows (1.5"). You can order the summer issue of Quilt Trends with Stephanie's pattern and instructions (it will look a bit different) - I think a back issue is $6.99 plus shipping. Here is the link: http://www.quilttrendsmag.com/issues...12/index.shtml
I hope I haven't violated any copyrights!!!!!!