View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 01:14 PM
mooshie

Default Ever had a cutting/sewing "marathon"?

I'm thinking that I have so many projects I want to do! So I am thinking about having a quilting "marathon" of sorts. My plan is to spend a couple days just cutting several projects out, and then sew and sew and sew as much as I can b-4 I have to press. Then press everything, and get back to sewing, and finally when they're all done I get to quiltand bind them all and admire my work! heehee. I figured if I did it this way for a week or 2 in all my sewing time I might be more productive than I usually am with only starting one project at a time, and having to finish, or nearly finish something b-4 letting myself start on something else. I try to make myself finish one project b-4 starting another one (in all honesty once a quilt top is on the LA cutting and piecing the next one is free game!) in an attempt to avoid having several UFOs, but there are so many things I want to make I feel like I'll never get to work on them. But this way I'd get to work on them all! Well, not all, but like 5-10.

Anyway, it's just an idea I had. I'm wondering if anyone here has ever done anything like this? If so, do you have any advice??