View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 12:29 PM
ktbb

Default opinions vs. rules

We all have opinions, and preferred techniques, for and about quilting. We've adapted them because we've experienced that they work better than other techniques, or because they're the only technique we've tried or know about, or because "They" said you/I had to do it that way. I'm going out on a limb and say that there is almost always more than one way to do something successfully...but...different strokes for different folks, so we have each adopted what we think works best.

With all the respect in the world for each of you, I suggest that when we want to help other quilters, particularly new quilters, we each give our opinions as opinions or preferred techniques...and not as rules...Let the others know what the options are and even why something works well, so that they can make their own minds up about what they want to adopt as their own technique.

Again - I mean no disrespect for anyone on the board, and want newer quilters to know the options and be able to make informed decisions about techniques so that quilting is fun and not a chore. I appreciate your listening/reading.