View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 04:13 PM
cad_queen_2000

Originally Posted by nhweaver View Post
Each of us comes here with varying backgrounds, skills - this "main" category response to any post is a good example of the many ways we use to do the same thing. Ask about quilting thread, and you will get 15+ differing responses, ask about fabrics, and you will get 15+ differing responses. We all learn from our experiences, and we all love to share our disasters, and our successes. We are a wonderful group of people. But the only rules I can think of are:

Keep your fingers away from the rotary blade,
Keep your fingers away from the sewing machine needle,
If you drop a pin on the floor, it will land pointy side up,
Do not sew after drinking alot of alcoholic beverages (learned that one the hard way)
The dog/cat/gerbil/rabbit/whatever will sit on the quilt if it is within their reach.
Thanks for the giggles, and the spit-take, (as I wipe off my screen). Although I have never tried to break your rule #4, I will remember to obey it. Rule #5, my dog will always lay on my quilt when it is in the hoop and i set it down, (maybe because it is a little fluffier when it is only basted?)

I usually tell people, "this is how I do it, (and why), but you can do it any way you want."