View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 12:42 PM
cricket_iscute

Originally Posted by jcrow View Post
Golly dog Gal! Won't you get confused during the process? I'm making twelve blocks at the same time for one quilt and have to keep checking to make sure I have the right blocks together!!! You go for it! You have to be a young 'un! When I was young, I could have probably done a few at once. I vote for you! Impress me and give us the good results!!!
Jeanne, I assume you are talking to me? My mind feels young, but my body has reached the senior citizen stage. I was forced into an early retirement by the economy about three years ago. People have always commented on how much I get done, no matter what it is I'm doing. (I've taught time management, but being retired lets me slow down and do things when I "feel" like it. Also, old injuries slow me down a lot.) I'm an engineer by profession, and accustomed to thinking in systems, that is, how parts relate to the whole. I usually have many multi-part projects going at the same time.

And no, I don't get confused. I keep the parts together either in boxes or baskets. Even though I have a lot in my sewing room and not a spare inch, I am reasonably organized. I finish about 40 quilts a year on average, most of them adult size. I also teach academic classes and take classes; my favorite subjects lately are physics and fractals. Again, lots of parts in physics, all needing to fit together.