View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 06:04 AM
Grandma Mary

I have the 4.0, and bought it last August from a local dealer during the AQS show where in Grand Rapids. I got the machine and the Quilters package (extension table, single hole foot plate, etc) all for the show price of $2,000. So far I really like it. I love the IDT capability, which means you don't need to use a walking foot. I also enjoy the thread cutter, memory for special stitches, and the many different needle positions. I still haven't been able to take the two free classes because of illness and work schedules, but I'm glad to say that I finally get to go to my first class this week! I'm excited to learn about all the other things it can do. I haven't done any FMQ on it, so I can't speak to that part.
Now I just have to find a wheeled carrying case for it (that doesnt cost a fortune ) so I can easily take it out to my LQS to classes etc. (it comes in a hard cover, but is kind of heavy to tote around with my bad shoulders!) It is too wide for the case I have for my Brother machine. I don't think you'll regret buying it. Good luck!