Thread: Bucket list!
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 09:36 AM
MargeD
Power Poster

Congratulations on retirement - again. I'd say your quilting acquaintance showing up with a big box and tote bag full of pieced fabrics for a duble wedding ring quilt has given you the perfect first project. I can relate to her about bad feelings about the quilt as the wedding was called off. My son was engaged and a month before the wedding she called it off. I was just finishing their wedding quilt into a duvet as she didn't want a "real" quilt. It sat in my closet for a while, as neither my son nor my daughter wanted it and I certainly didn't want it - too many bad memories. What I did was offer it to my church for their Nov. Fair raffle quilt, and since my husband was recently laid off, they paid me for it. So- I finished the quilt, the extra cash came in handy for us, the church got their raffle quilt and somebody went home with a beautiful quilt to love. Something good came of the quilt anyway and for that I am thankful. PS Now he is married to a beautiful person and together they have presented us with our first DGD who will be 3 in May, so it all worked out.