Old 02-06-2013, 01:42 PM
happyquiltmom

Thank you all for the kind comments.

CMW - Actually, the birds are purple finches (can't see them very well in the photo), although we do get quite a few cardinals as well. They prefer the downstairs feeder.

"I love that the furnishing have some memories attached."
To follow up on this comment...my 401A (used) was a high school graduation gift from my parents in 1980. The cabinet is sits in was given to me by a friend a couple of years ago.
I bought the cutting table when our oldest DD was a baby (she is now 28) and we used it in our kitchen for quite a few years. All the chairs that came with it fell apart one by one...the glue dried out due to their proximity to our wood burning stove.
The dresser in the corner was my mom's.
The Bernina cabinet I purchased at my neighbor's garage sale many years ago. It had been painted a burnt orange color, but I stripped it and covered it with tung oil.
We bought the computer desk (nee teacher desk) new at an unfinished furniture store probably 25 years ago or so and I finished it myself...we actually purchased quite a few items this way over the years. My whole house is pretty eclectic.