Thread: New iron needed
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 07:46 PM
cad_queen_2000

I would like to know too. 2 yrs ago I bought a Shark for $79, was pretty happy with it. A couple of weeks ago it started to shut itself off. It would work if I wiggled the cord a certain way. I never wrapped the cord around the iron, because I had heard that is not good for the cord.

So, I opened it up to see if there was a loose wire. No loose wires. I never realized that there were so many different wires and connections inside an iron. sheesh!.

Anyways, after reading comments about people on this board buying cheap irons, I went out and bought a $20 Black & Decker. Big mistake. This iron does not have a cover where you pour in the water, and everytime I set the iron down on its rest, water splashes out the hole. It sputters and spurts. It also seems to "grab" the fabric, it doesn't glide like my shark did. I even tried cleaning the faceplate off.

I tried to use it as a dry iron on my sheets, but it didn't iron out the wrinkles. I really miss my shark, but I don't want to buy another one, and wind up with the same problem again.

I am not driving 40 miles to return a $20 iron. I guess I will save it for emergencies, after I buy a new iron. I will be watching this thread too, to see the answers.