Thread: New iron needed
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 09:57 AM
cad_queen_2000

Originally Posted by virtualbernie View Post
I've had expensive ones and cheap ones and they all eventually die. I think quilters use their irons a lot more than normal folks and that's why they die. I now have 4 irons--a Rowenta Pressure Iron and Steamer for use when I need a lot of steam for big projects, a regular Rowenta Master made in Germany (on recommendation from this board that the ones made in Germany were made better) another smaller Rowenta that got passed down to me when my brother passed (had a crack in the top of it--I guess he dropped it but it's still going strong (also made in Germany) and the Continental mentioned above. I've had them quite a while, I guess they've lasted so long because I alternate using them.
You know, you are totally right, I have more than one sewing machine, more than one ironing board, a dozen seam rippers, half a dozen rotary cutters, and probably 8 or 9 mats, so, why not have more than one iron?

I think I will just go out and buy that same Shark again, (if still available), and have no hard feelings towards my B&D, as I am sure it will find it's place soon enough. I liked the nice long cord on the Shark, it must have been at least 12 feet long.