Thread: Fabric Cutters
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 05:13 PM
sewbeadit

I bought the Studio from accuquilt and it is wonderful, I love it and use it all the time. I purchased a cutter because I have bad hands and using scissors or a rotary cutter for more than a minute or two hurts my hands, and this is the great answer for it. You can use the Go dies with the Studio cutter by buying an inexpensive adapter that is made for it, so you can use the cheaper Go dies on the Studio, but can't cut as many layers as the Studio dies. I use both and have had great success with both types of dies.

I started by buying a few dies and added from there. I haven't bought any applique dies because I don't do that. Just the strips and geo dies.

Originally Posted by bergalex99 View Post
I'm considering buying a fabric cutter. I wondered if you would mind sharing with me whether or not you use yours, how well you like it or dislike it and if it's really worth the money. Would you buy it again ? Which brand do you recomend or not? My husband is willing to spring for one of these but I don't want to waste his money. Thanks for your help.