Thread: Needin help
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 02:28 PM
ArchaicArcane

Originally Posted by oldtnquiltinglady View Post
I can't figure out how to make a new one of these threads; so someone please help me out on this one (J Miller, Archaic forgot the rest, Dan of NJ); I have my DH doing the actual work on replacing a bulb on a Singer 457; can't get it back in without affecting the needle position bar (where does that little spring thing fit)? And we don't have the book to refer to. Common sense is not working here, we both have plenty of that, but not in this case. Help.....Jo Ann
Hey JoAnn

I'm at a loss as to how the light would be affecting needle bar in any way. You can find an Owner's manual here:
EDIT!: Argh! I just looked at that manual. It's for an industrial. Seriously! Why do companies use the same model numbers for domestic and inductrial machines!

If memory serves, the plastic grate moves to one side, and tilts downward. You reach in, push and turn the bult a 1/4 turn Counterclockwise, and then remove it. Installation is the reverse of disassembly. I will try to find you an owner's manual.

It will show how to change that bulb. If you were to attach a photo (best to start a new thread) We can take a look see at what's giving you grief.

Starting a new thread:
At the main page for the Vintage and Antique Machine Enthusiasts forum, here:
http://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage...thusiasts-f22/
Click on the "+Post New Thread" button and let us know what you need

Last edited by ArchaicArcane; 02-09-2013 at 02:33 PM.