View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 01:19 PM
ktbb

gorgeous quilt. Regarding the quilting - if they like modern - just do straight line quilting but in a non-parallel fashion. since the small inset strips are at all angles, your odd-angle quilting lines will complement them. I've done this by making a straight line across a quilt at an odd angle (you could use one of your angled lines in a block to start this if you want). when I get to the edge at the end - I make a 90degree turn and stitch to the next edge I come to...turn 90 degrees and stitch to the next edge, etc. YOu can mark this if you want since your quilt is larger, but on smaller quilts I just free style the straight lines. because you start at an odd angle, all of your 90 degree turns will give you odd, non-parallel stitch lines. Try it out on a piece of paper if you want to see how it works....I did check about half way thru my quilting to make sure that the stitch lines were covering fairly evenly....if they look too bunched up, then start a new stitch line that takes you thru the least quilted area and continue with the 90 degree turns. Here's a link to a small wall quilt I did that uses this technique: http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...se-t90458.html