Thread: Chicken Quilt
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 07:34 AM
EmiliasNana

Rather than trying to quilt by following your piecing lines, I agree a corner to corner grid would work perfectly. I have had good luck using 2" blue painters tape and then using my walking foot, quilting along both sides of the tape. I started with the longest area (like the top right corner and then down and left at a 45 degree angle). Once that was done I took off the tape and reusing it, positioned one edge along the previous sewing edge, and quilted that line and so on. Repeat in the opposite direction so you end up with a grid on point.[ATTACH=CONFIG]394509[/ATTACH]If you use two lengths of tape it will go faster. Use the first one butted up against your previous line of stitching, then place the second line of tape butted against the first tape. If you remove the first "spacer" tape before you sew, you can sew along both sides of the second tape before repositioning again. Hope that makes sense. I don't know if you can see the quilting on the baby quilt, but it was done using this method. Very quick and accurate. Good luck. What ever you do, your quilt is amazing. Great job!
Attached Thumbnails j-cs-baby-quilt-front.jpg