View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 02:54 PM
Suziuki

Originally Posted by ktbb View Post
Sorry you had so much trouble...but to address a different part of your message - if you bought the yoyo tools, you don't have to cut circles with the rotary - just put fabric in the tool and rough cut with scissors and hand stitch.
I have most of the Clover YoYo Tools including the Oval and Butterfly shapes and with all of them I cut a squares or rectangle slightly larger than I need, place it in the tool, hold it with the sewing side up, fold the fabric out over the sides of the tool then use the side of the tool as a quide for the scissors to cut around the circle, this usually gives me plenty of turn under to complete the process, unless I use a satin or organza which frays a lot, on these I will cut the circle bigger. I don't think I would have ever made YoYo's the old fashion way, but with the Clover Tools I probably have made hundreds, the variety of different Christmas Decorations I can make has astonished even me, sorry I have no pictures, they sell as quick as I can make them. Specialty tools are not my thing, if I can use something I already have around the house I use that, I would rather spend my money on fabric.