View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 09:09 AM
Debbie B

Originally Posted by chichimamma View Post
I have a Juki 9 inch, it is great for meandering but I can't seem to do anything else and feathers down the sides, I don't know how anybody does that if the quilt is on a frame, looks like after your done with most of quilt you would have to take it off, put it back on and do the sides. Sounds like I need some lessons huh?!!!! By the time you get to low half of quilt you have 5 to
I feel your pain! Mine is a Juki with a 9" throat on a frame, too. I can stipple or do some curly-q's but I can't seem to figure out how to do borders or feathers. Someone told me that you do the center first & then the borders but you can't reroll after the center is quilted. And taking the quilt off the frame (especially a bigger quilt) to do each border seems like too much work, and seems to me that the tension of the quilt could be thrown off. I start off with about 4" - 6" of quilting space & depending on how large the quilt is & how thick the batting I end up with 3" - 4". Can someone out there with this type of set up tell us how to do feathers & borders?