View Single Post
Old 11-02-2009, 01:11 PM
mpspeedy

Hi,

I recently purchased a new computer as my old one just didn't not have enough memory to run the new applications available. This one has more than 10 times the memory and Windows 7 operating system, It is driving me crazy. It doesn't want to work with any of my external devices like my printer. I was able to purchase a CD from HP that should make my printer compatible but I have other problems.

First the new computer does not have enough places to plug in all of my other gadgets. The most important one is my Magic Box which allowed me to convert most embroidery to a card that would work in my Bernina Deco embroidery machine. I talked to OESD today and they told me there was no way to run it with Windows 7. GRRRRRRR! I have literaly thousands of dollars worth of designs on CDs that I either purchased or downloaded. As well as at least a hundred spools of embroidery thread and drawers full of various stabilizers. I belonged to the Martha Pullen Embroidery club for three or four years. When I purchased my previous computer it did not have a floppy drive. All of the embroidery I had saved on floppies had to be transfered to CDs. That cost me probably $100 but at least it was possible. Now I am going to have to purchase another monitor for my old computer and find a place to set it up so I can access my embroidery CDs.

Am I the only quilter/sewer/embroiderer who has these problems?