View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 08:29 AM
onaemtnest

Hi BellaBoo ~ We have two side-by-sides refridgerators and one upright freezer. Side-by-sides are frost free gotta love them but not good for long term freezer storage as freezer burn is an issue.

We are great fans of the vacuum sealing bags as I've never learned how to cook for just two, and nothing is better IMHO than a quick home cooked meal (left-overs) just reheated when I've spent the day in the sewing room or have been out and about, or a meatloaf meal when it's too hot to have the oven on in the summer.

Organization of the freezer of all three freezer areas I use inexpensive plastic wash basins 12" X 14" X 6" are the size that is pictured here. I was concerned with this idea that the plastic would be brittle because of the freezer and the 'lips' of the edges would snap when I slid them out to get food out. Well nearly 6 years of doing this and not one has broken.

So for me I just purchase the wash basins, I looked on the ones in the picture and they are Steralite brand, probably Wal Mart....

You will see in the picture I took a marker and labeled the bins by predominate ingredient...The bottom bin is soups and that is the bin that came with the fridge/freezer. The upper shelf has help yourself frozen prepared cupcakes ~ cookies and such...so DH can satisfy his sweet tooth whenever ... fortunately I don't have that sweet tooth so a batch of cupcakes are always there for him to just defrost. AND he's thin and I'm fluffy ~ not fair! (OOPS just realized that I didn't get that shelf in the picture)The ugly black things in the door are frozen banana's ready for bread. This freezer is for prepared meals only.

The upright stand alone freezer is wide enough that I have wash tubs side-by-side and much the same labeling...Beef ~ Pork ~ Fish ~ (all uncooked meats) then Vegetables ~ Butter etc...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]396593[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 2013_0220image0001.jpg  

Last edited by onaemtnest; 02-20-2013 at 08:37 AM.