View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 01:15 PM
alisonquilts

Originally Posted by marla View Post
Perhaps we should make a point of complaining since most fabrics are done in China. Companies are starting to come back to the USA as they are finding out they are not really saving money going there. Quality is so poor. So I say we need to get those companies back to our soil.
I did complain to Henry Glass, but I got no response. Since I didn't purchase the fabric (my quilt customer did, washed it at my direction and then gave it to me) I haven't contacted the store she got it from. If it had been my order I might have been more aggressive about following up...

Originally Posted by dray965 View Post
I may be off base here but I believe that all cotton will shrink that is 100% cotton. I am 66 yrs. old and grew up wearing a LOT of cotton feed-sack dresses, etc...and remember that we always knew that anything made of cotton was going to shrink.
You are not off base at all! I expect shrinkage with 100% cotton too, I was just startled at the amount. Most quilting sites say that cotton can shrink up to 10% - but I have never encountered that before, and certainly not from a manufacturer as respected as Henry Glass.

Alison