Thread: Quilt Journals?
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 03:40 AM
ckcowl
Power Poster

it's nice to look back & see some of the quilts you made years ago and had forgotten- it also helps me locate fabric i may be searching for, or remember why i don't like a particular batt-i haven't used in a while & find on sale. helps me keep track of who i've given quilts to, where donations have gone, time i've spent-in case someone contacts me wanting a particular quilt- i have a break down of what went into the first one. i can see how my technique has improved, how my styles/color choices have evolved. my granddaughter's and neices/nephew love looking through the journals- they too love to look back & see the quilt i made them when they were 4---then the one they got when they were 12...ect. and they talk about each other's and the circumstances of the gift- or the (group projects) we all worked on together- also helps me keep track of expenses, likes, dislikes, notes about problems- new techniques, hints, shortcuts...some quilts have alot of entry- some very little---but it's a nice record...and if i died today my daughter could look in the journal and know what was supposed to be happening with what i have laying around, finished and in the works- what goes where & why...