View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 07:07 AM
Wanabee Quiltin

Default OH MY !! My Thrift Store Find:

My DH and I were in a thrift store we had never been in before. I asked a clerk if they had any fabric and she pointed to a board and said if there was any, it would be on that board. I had already been over there so I started looking near the linens on a table. There was a plastic bag all stapled together and I could see it had charm squares in Christmas patterns. I grabbed that bag so fast and held it close to me until we checked out. When I got to the truck, I opened it and almost passed out ! It had 5 charm squares of 100 fabrics and two packages containing 7 FQ's each. So I ended up with 500 charm squares and 14 fat quarters, all in the same fabrics for $3.97. These are in the original package, never opened. Earlier in the day, at another thrift store, I bought the brand new Fons and Porters 'easy quilts' magazine Spring 2013 for 50 cents and the price is $6.99. I have to wonder who the original owners were and why these items ended up in a thrift store. I also bought a beautiful new sewing basket for $3.00. I have quite a reputation for picking up bargains and today I feel very blessed. Guess the family is getting Christmas quilts this year !!!