View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 07:18 AM
Gerbie

I can definitely sympathize with you. I made my daughter a queen size DWR greens, cream and mauve quilt several years ago and prewashed all fab. thinking all would be o.k., and when the quilt needed to be washed, one of the greens faded on different parts of the quilt. I have rewashed many times and tried everything to get the bleed parts out, but to no avail. The quilt has never been in the dryer. Finally just gave up on it. But since then I found on Nancy's Notions (haven't used it yet) so I have no idea if it works or not, but it is a bottle of solution called "Marking Pencil Removal" by Quilter's Rule International. it says it will safely remove marking pencil marksfrom all types of sewing projects without phosphates- the following types of pencil marks can be removed with this- Berol, Very Thin, EZpencils. General pencils and graphite leads, (Note yellow pencil markings may take several applications to remove). I just copied all of this information from the bottle label. - after spraying this solution on the item allow 15 seconds to pentrate, then remove with a clean damp cloth. The Label says it is for Hobby, Crafts, Sewing and Quilting. You might want to order some of this and see if it will work. I have no idea, but I wish you the best of luck. When things like this happen it is so disheartening and upsetting. Let us know what happens. Gerbie