View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 04:29 AM
quilterpurpledog

Ioftenneedle prompted me to reply. We have a 30 foot 5th wheel and travel quite often. I always take a surge protector because campgrounds of state parks can be prone to power problems. I have a FW. I box up three projects prior to leaving home so I have a variety of things. One is always a "hand" quilting project. Another is in the just cut and "kitted" stage. When inside I set my machine up on the dining table- I set it down onto a chair at the table when we eat-then it is ready to slide over and continue sewing when the meal is over-no set up again and again. I quilt what I have pieced when I get home. I also love to quilt outside-I meed the most interesting people and even had the opportunity to encourage others to start quilting on the road. I have met several ladies who felt camping kept them from being productive. By prioritizing and doing the smaller things-piecing and and hand work while traveling allows for feelings of accomplishment. I love sewing and camping!There is a plastic box for every need and one for every space. Plastic boxes allow you to move in and out easily.